Weight loss is 80% what we put in our bodies and 20% of what we do to our bodies. Therefore, fuel your body for success. Food is Fuel! You can't outrun poor eating habits. Incorporate more nutrient dense vegetables and leafy greens like kale, collards, arugula, chard every day.
Eat Green – You don’t have to eat less, you just have to eat right
- Keep balance of vegetables, fruits, grains, plant proteins, and or animal proteins
- Have vegetables and fruits for snacks in between your meals
- Decrease or avoid fried, processed, junk foods and sugar.
- Don’t drink your calories; avoid soda whenever possible. Water, hot teas (green, black, chai), unsweetened tea are better for your body
- Switch to plant-based milk – unsweetened
- Try new and different spices (allspice, coriander, dill, rosemary, thyme, turmeric)
Have a shopping and meal plan
- Plan your meals weekly not daily
- Always eat before you go grocery shopping
- Shop from your list only. Look for coupons and discounts while you’re planning your meals.
- Shop the parameter of the store first. Always go to the produce to section and bypass the bakery without looking.
Mindfully Eat – eat on purpose
- Keep a food dairy/journal/food tracker
- Drink a glass of water prior to eating
- Eat slowing and chew your food well
- Give your body time to tell you when your full
- Stop eating when you’re full
- Beware of late-night eating
Portion your Meals – don’t worry about calories
-Always eat breakfast because it helps increase your metabolism and helps you avoid overeating at the next meal
-Eat smaller meals but more often. With snacks in between.
-if you are eating out (no judgement) ask for half of your food in a to-go container or just ask for a to-go before you eat and split your food yourself.
- 5 to 6 small meals a day with 3 snacks in between is ideal.
-use smaller plates
The bottom line
Just remember it is easier than you think! As long as you are preparing yourself for success and don’t have to worry about mishaps. Carry nutrient dense snacks in your purse or backpack in order to have healthy choices when hunger strikes. That is why eating smaller meals with snacks in between every 3 hours or so will keep your body nourished and not allow hunger to hit you. There are plenty of powerful foods that are great for snacking that you can eat all day, which are full of fiber, water, vitamins and mineral.
I designed the 21-Day Kickstart Challenge for everyone and anyone. Even if you haven’t been working out or just thinking about making some moves. It is a gradual workout which increases in time. Also, it can be modified for a more advanced workout by adding resistance or time.
Remember to always, plan your success, track your success, and share your success.
If you know someone else who would benefit from my goal of helping women feel great, have more energy, and love their bodies, then please share the sign up link, and connect with me on Insta.